“I am Dr. Shahina Akhter working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC) from October, 2019 to till now. I joined as a Senior Lecturer in this department on January, 2019.
Apart from academia and research, I am working as a coordinator in IQAC of USTC to supervise post self-assessment improvement plan (PSAIP) and outcome-based curriculum; research coordinator in the USTC Research Cell (URC) to arrange conference/scientific seminar/research grant award ceremony, meeting with faculties of different departments to evaluate the progress on internal and external research funds and convincing them to pursue research-based education, training, and foreign degrees. I have done a few MoU with different universities/institutes (National Institute of Biotechnology, NIB).
I am also coordinator of 5th semester, curriculum reviewer, and project reviewer at my department. I am a member of the female hall management committee, and president of the Bioinformatics Club.
I am a member of some professional and learned societies:
1. Life member of International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, International Secretariat, 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100 Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823, USA. https://www.movementdisorders.org/MDS.htm
2. Bangladesh Association of Biotechnology Graduates (BABG).
3. Editor-in-chief of Scientia Hub magazine of USTC
1. Member, Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), USTC
2. Research coordinator, USTC Research Cell (URC)
3. Coordinator, Outcome Based Education (OBE), USTC
4. Editor in Chief, Scientia Hub magazine, DBB, USTC
5. Chainman, Bioinformatics Club, DBB, USTC
6. Member, Gul Meher Hall Management Committee, USTC “